WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
Experience:  Journeyman Plumber/Estimator
6211579

I live in Northern Arizona and have a drip irrigation

Customer Question

I live in Northern Arizona and have a drip irrigation system. It has a leak somewhere in my back yard but cant seem to be able to find it. Is there any way besides digging up the entire yard?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  WCohn replied 1 month ago.

Do you have any isolation valves?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Unfortunately no. They did it all as one zone. If it was my choice id do it as three. The timer is connected to a box a few feet from my water meter and branches there to various tubes. I know where the ends of the tubes are as they come up from the ground at the ends so you can bleed air in the spring. It seems to be in the line in the back yard because I have a dry river bed as a landscaping feature that fills with water after the system is on for 15-20 minutes. The water also flows out of the french drain coming from the back yard.Any tricks other than digging up the yard to find the tubing to find the leak?
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 month ago.

Well, a leak detection company can put helium into the system and then use a gas sniffer to pinpoint the leak. That's all I would do