Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a kitchen sink hot cold combo with a separate spray

Customer Question

Hi, I have a kitchen sink hot cold combo with a separate spray nozzle. it has an escutcheon wherein one side of the escutcheon has a hole for the separate spray nozzle. The escutcheon is solidly in place and doesn't move, but the faucet spout wiggles around like crazy inside the hole in the escutcheon. I took it out to see if there was any way to tighten it, but I can't see any way to do that. I also cannot remove the spray nozzle hose from the faucet spout... It seems to be glued into the pipe (there are 3 pipes, hot cold and spray nozzle) the other two hoses come off fairly easily. Is there any way you know of to get that spray nozzle hose off, and maybe use some kind of fastener to hold the underside of the faucet in place?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Since we owned the house (3 years, never bothered to fix it until recently when the sink started leaking... fixed the leak, but revealed the other problems)
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: you tell me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

I need a brand and model number for your faucet. If you don't know need pictures of the faucet (above and below the sink).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never mind, I didn't realize I would be charged $40 after you responded. This should be made absolutely clear in big red flashing text, not hidden in the hopes that people wouldn't notice, and not presented AFTER the $5 deposit is made. I will request a full refund.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Ok, I'll let customer service know