Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

When I went to shower this morning, no hot water. When I

Customer Question

When I went to shower this morning, no hot water. When I checked the unit, no codes were showing, but I noticed the unit was not firing and water is dripping from the bottom of the unit. I took the front cover off and it appears the water is leaking about 3/4's from the top of the unit. I don't know if it is wicking upward, because I cannot see where it is leaking. But thas is the most high part that is moist.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you water heater is leaking you'll have to replace it. If this is a tankless the leaking water has likely ruined the electronics. Leaking water doesn't wick up it always flows downhill. It's possible it's it's spraying up but that doesn't negate the need for a new heater.