Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

Can a toilet be turned from say south-north to east west

Customer Question

Hello ,
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: can a toilet be turned from say south-north to east west without adding more holes in the floor? thank you!
JA: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?
Customer: no, just thought of turning the toilet to free up some room
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not for this question
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, what's the answer, pls?
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

It might be able to. You would have to take some measurements to confirm it would work out and also consider where the water line would be. Would the water line still be on the same side in the new location? Sorry for delay I type slow.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, trying to make room for a corner shower
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I guess I'll just check with the contractor when they come out.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

Did you decide against the phone call? We could certainly determine if the plan would work out through the chat if you like.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

Do you have a crawl space under the bath or is it on the second floor?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

There is a tub where the planned shower would go?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Crawl space
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

The original plan to turn it a different direction may end up being a strange configuration for the bathroom and since there is a crawl space under the bath then turning it that way would be absolutely an option. The plumbing could be moved a few inches very easily without having to do major surgery so it very well may be the best option to leave the toilet turned in the original direction and just move it over 2-4 inches with very little effort. Either plan, to move it over a few inches or turn it will require a little bit of moving the plumbing to get the configuration just how it should be. To do the turning of the toilet without moving any plumbing may end up leaving the toilet tank about 2 inches away from the wall and the water line in a strange spot but that would be totally manageable too.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

I see you still have not positively rated my service. Although the only way that I get paid is when my service is positively rated, it also tells me that you have not received the information that you were seeking to find a solution to your issue. Will you let me know what affect the information I provided had on the issue at hand and how else I may be able to help?