Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.

Expansion anchor bolts for water closet K4419-0 and toilet

Customer Question

expansion anchor bolts for water closet K4419-0 and toilet seat K4636-0 back-out 1/2 inch then spin or freeze. How do I remove bolt and expansion sleeve?
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 5 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Are you able to get the screw out but not the sleeve or not able to remove the screw also?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 5 days ago.

To remove the screw try taking a flat head screwdriver and wedge it into the edge between the sleeve and hole and that will hold the sleeve while turning the screw with another screwdriver.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 5 days ago.

If you have replacement sleeves and screws then once you have the screws out you can either pull the sleeve out with some pliers and if it is too hard to pull out then just push it down through the hole and it will drop down into the hollow area under the toilet. There is a small hole there and you may be able to get the sleeve out of the hole after it drops inside but no big deal if it just stays there. It will not hurt anything to leave it there.