Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

Expansion anchor bolts for water closet K4419-0 and toilet

Customer Question

expansion anchor bolts for water closet K4419-0 and toilet seat K4636-0 back-out 1/2 inch then spin or freeze. How do I remove bolt and expansion sleeve?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Are you able to get the screw out but not the sleeve or not able to remove the screw also?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

To remove the screw try taking a flat head screwdriver and wedge it into the edge between the sleeve and hole and that will hold the sleeve while turning the screw with another screwdriver.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

If you have replacement sleeves and screws then once you have the screws out you can either pull the sleeve out with some pliers and if it is too hard to pull out then just push it down through the hole and it will drop down into the hollow area under the toilet. There is a small hole there and you may be able to get the sleeve out of the hole after it drops inside but no big deal if it just stays there. It will not hurt anything to leave it there.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

I see you still have not positively rated my service. Although the only way that I get paid is when my service is positively rated, it also tells me that you have not received the information that you were seeking to find a solution to your issue. Will you let me know what affect the information I provided had on the issue at hand and how else I may be able to help?