Michael  Coulon
Michael Coulon, Plumber
Experience:  Over 8 years of on the job Plumbing experience. Including residential service/new construction, Commercial service/new construction, and plumbing facility maintenance.
95820287

I have a Trinity T 150-C dual boiler. The domestic hot water

Customer Question

I have a Trinity T 150-C dual boiler. The domestic hot water side works fine but the hydronic heating side does not. The thermostat calls for heat and the pump is running but there is no ignition. The thermostat (a simple analog type) checks out. I was told there might be an air lock, so I pressurized the system to 18 psi, then purged it to 12 psi. I did that 5 times without luck. I don't want to spend yet another bundle for an item, such as a relay, that costs only $3.00. The last time it cost me $600.00.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I also installed a digital thermostat as an alternate with the same result. What filters?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I do.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have the tools but not the knowledge. I could learn but I still wouldn't have the values, such as resistance, current, etc.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Michael Coulon replied 4 months ago.
Hi im Michael ive been in plumbing for over 8 years. Give me a minute to oull specs on your boiler and then i will lead you in the right direction and we wilk get this thing heating again for you
What terminals did you install your digital thermostat to on the unit? If possible could you send me some pictures of your unit so i can see the installation and itll help me to lead you to the right stuff