Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.

We have an Insinkerator Evolution model making a lot of

Customer Question

hi. we have an Insinkerator Evolution model making a lot of noise. turns freely both directions with Allen wrench. nothing found inside unit. on grinding plate, one moves. the other doesn't.
I think it is 5yrs older or so. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 13 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. i will be glad to help you today. Does it sound like something is still in the blades or just noisy? If there is nothing in it but it seems to be noisy still try putting a bunch of ice cubes down it and grind the ice cubes up. That should get the blades back in place and get it cleaned out and quiet. Let me know if that helps.