Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Plumber
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have GE Profile reverse osmosis water filtration system

Customer Question

I have GE Profile reverse osmosis water filtration system PXRQ15RBL. i change the filter today and lost the pressure of the water tank. How can I fix it?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

CHECK YOUR TANK'S AIR PRESSURE:
1. Turn off the RO system's inlet water line.
2. Open the faucet and allow the water to run until the flow stops. Close the faucet.
3. Turn off the tank valve.
4. Lift the tank. Is it heavy like it has water in it? About the weight of a bowling ball? (If the answer is yes, replace the tank)
5. Check the air pressure of the tank. There is an air stem on the tank similar to the ones on a tire. They are usually covered with a rubber or plastic cap to protect them. You must remove the cap to expose the air stem.
6. Inflate or deflate tank to reach the desired 7 PSI air pressure. You can use a standard air pump similar to a bike pump or compressor. Easy does it with the compressor, this is a low pressure system. Do not over inflate and damage the air bladder.
7. Open the tank valve.
8. Open the inlet water valve.
9. Allow the tank to fill. This may take a few hours. Once filled, see if the system now operates correctly after you corrected the air pressure.