Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.

I have one toilet that is seems like it is taking a time to

Customer Question

I have one toilet that is seems like it is taking a long time to refill. It is not leaking but sometimes it takes 2 minutes and other times as long as 4 minutes to refill.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 24 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sounds like the fill valve (the device that lets water into the tank and controls its level) is clogged. The best option is to just replace it. It's a pretty easy fix if you have some experience. A Fluidmaster 400 is a good option. It usually costs under $10 is widely available and comes with good instructions. You could also try flushing the fill valve out but this is often only a temporary fix.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I already had it replaced any other suggestions?
Expert:  Rick replied 24 days ago.

If you had it replaced recently then the washer in the shut off valve under the tank has probably broken free and is clogging up the flow. I'm assuming the supply tube between the shut off and the fill valve is not kinked.