Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

My shower the drain when I look down the drain I can water

Customer Question

My shower the drain when I look down the drain I can water is this normal is it pluged
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. It is normal that there is water in the drain. There is a trap on each plumbing fixture that stays full of water. This is to prevent the sewer smell from coming back into your home. You will see similar traps under your sinks in the cabinet. The toilet has one built into it and the bowl it the top of the trap water there.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

I see you still have not positively rated my service. Although the only way that I get paid is when my service is positively rated, it also tells me that you have not received the information that you were seeking to find a solution to your issue. Will you let me know what affect the information I provided had on the issue at hand and how else I may be able to help?