Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

I just installed a new aqua brass shower cartridge and it is

Customer Question

I just installed a new aqua brass shower cartridge and it is not allowing enough hot water to mix in. I know there is an adjustment I am just not sure where?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: I just put a anew one in the other day. The older one was leaking but there was plenty of hot water. So I just need to adjust this new one
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

On some models there are screwdriver shut offs where the water lines connect. You have to remove the trim plate to get to them. Be sure they are both wide open

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's not the issue they are wide open. There is some type of adjustment that need to be made on the cartridge itself . Model number is ***** Any ideas??
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

You can't/don't adjust the cartridge. Did you flush out the valve before you installed the new cartridge? If not then remove it and turn each side on 1 at a time to flush it out and check the flow.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did and apparently these are adjustable
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

A 1006 is a separate volume control. So you have good flow out of the hot & cold side with the cartridge out?

Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Did you change the cartridge in the mixer or the volume control?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I replaced the entire cartridge
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

That doesn't answer my question. You said you have a 1006 which is a volume (ONLY) control. It has no hot/cold function. If you have a 1006 you also must have a separate mixing valve which is what controls the hot and cold flow. No the cartridges itself is not adjustable.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a 01006 and it is a direct replacement from aqua brass
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks this is not going to work. I will be the initial 5 dollars but would like credit for the rest. Thanks anyway
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Ok, I'll let customer service know you want a refund.