Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.

I'm replacing a toilet in my home. As you know most toilets

Customer Question

I'm replacing a toilet in my home. As you know most toilets bowls are held down with two bolts. As you also know the two bolts are in slotted holes so that the bolts can be replaced. The issues I'm having is the ring that spins that the two bolts go through has broken to the point where the only way I'll be able to bolt the toilet down is to replace that "spinning ring". How easy a job is is to replace and what is the name of it? Also, how will I know what size to order?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You can't actually replace the ring on the flange fitting but you can use a repair ring (see attached pic for 1 type). You can probably get a repair ring at one of the big box stores but a plumbing supply house for sure. You just screw the ring down to the floor using stainless steel or other corrosion resistant screws.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Do you have more questions?

Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

I'd appreciate a favorable rating