How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rick Your Own Question
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 20956
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm replacing a toilet in my home. As you know most toilets

Customer Question

I'm replacing a toilet in my home. As you know most toilets bowls are held down with two bolts. As you also know the two bolts are in slotted holes so that the bolts can be replaced. The issues I'm having is the ring that spins that the two bolts go through has broken to the point where the only way I'll be able to bolt the toilet down is to replace that "spinning ring". How easy a job is is to replace and what is the name of it? Also, how will I know what size to order?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You can't actually replace the ring on the flange fitting but you can use a repair ring (see attached pic for 1 type). You can probably get a repair ring at one of the big box stores but a plumbing supply house for sure. You just screw the ring down to the floor using stainless steel or other corrosion resistant screws.

Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

Do you have more questions?

Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

I'd appreciate a favorable rating