Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I HAVE A GE WATER SOFTENER GXSF30H THAT RETAINS NO WATER IN

Customer Question

I HAVE A GE WATER SOFTENER GXSF30H THAT RETAINS NO WATER IN THE BRINE TANK AND IS NOT LEAKING. I ADD 2 GALLAONS OF WATER TO THE TANK MANUALLY AND AFTER TWO CYCLES OF THE SOFTENER, THE WATER IN THE BRINE TANK IS GONE. I CLEANED THE NOZZLE AND VENTURI ASSEMBLY AND THE ISSUE NOT RESOLVED. aNY IDEA WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Try disconnecting the refill tubing to the brine tube assembly and see if you have any flow during the regen cycle. If you do then the assembly probably needs to be cleaned and/or the float valve needs to be replaced.