Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I installed a Moen IODigital system 18 months ago. It tested

Customer Question

I installed a Moen IODigital system 18 months ago. It tested fine at the time. The house sat vacant for 18 months and I finally moved in. There was no hot water coming from the system even though the red light on the dial was flashing indicating the valve was trying to let hot water in. I figured it might be stuck because of calcium deposits and non-use. I switched it from hot to cold to hot to cold and eureka I now have hot water but now there is no cold water! Any advice on how to get the valve turning freely from hot to cold?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  WCohn replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  WCohn replied 2 months ago.

It sounds to me like the pressure balancing spool is stuck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I installed a Moen IODigital system 18 months ago. It tested fine at the time. The house sat vacant for 18 months and I finally moved in. There was no hot water coming from the system even though the red light on the dial was flashing indicating the valve was trying to let hot water in. I figured itmight be stuck because of calcium deposits and non-use. I switched it from hot to cold to hot to cold and eureka I now have hot water but now there is no cold water! Any advice on how to get the valve turning freely from hot to cold?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how do I un-stick it?
Expert:  WCohn replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry this valve doesn't have one. I Read too fast. It does have inlet water filter screens. have you checked those?