Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

I have a tub from 1983 and wanted to replace the faucet and

Customer Question

I have a tub from 1983 and wanted to replace the faucet and shower with new fixtures. I found one that has 4 different sizes but it does not fit because the extension and from the faucet which is not copper is only 3.25 plus and it needed to be 4" what do I do. I kind of wanted copper but it looks like that is something else
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: We replaced the tile so had to remove the old fixtures we are ready to replace them. they were originally moen. I have been ready for about a week but my husband does not have time and says we will have to find another way. Can I find something else. We have two tubs to replace the faucets and showers.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I guess so
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we have another bathroom with a similar problem although we did get an extension as we used California faucets not something we bought at Home depot
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. The part that you are talking about is actually made of brass. It is cut with a hack saw to the length necessary before installing the spout. There is no way to extend it and raising it will take some work. It would require removing it and repiping it to raise it to the desired height. Are you able to solder and do you have access to the piping on the bottom of the deck of the tub?