Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

GE water softening system model GXSF40H uses 3 bags crystals

Customer Question

GE water softening system model GXSF40H uses 3 bags crystals in 7 days. It used to last three months. Nothing has changed in the settings. Any solutions.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The only way you use salt is during the brine rinse cycle. So even though the settings haven't changed it's possible that the unit is running a regen cycle more often than it should or the brine rinse is running way too long. If you have the manual I'd try re-programming and set the hardness number to a lower setting. If that doesn't work you'll probably need a new controller.