Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I started to replace some plumbing in my utility room,

Customer Question

I started to replace some plumbing in my utility room, essentially the shut-off valve for the outside spigots. I shut the water off at the main shut-off and also at the water heater and cut the pipes. I started to solder new pipe to the end leading to the spigots with a coupler piece, an elbow, an ball valve, but then when I came to join the other end of the ball valve to the pipe where the water feeds in from, even though it is all shut off there is enough small drips coming from the pipe that I cannot solder the last joint. How can I prevent the water long enough to get a good solder?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You have to drain the water out of the that pipe. Is there anything down stream where the water can drain out? a faucet? water heater? even a water meter?