Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

My disposall is making a loud noise. It's not on or hardly

Customer Question

my disposall is making a loud noise. It's not on or hardly ever used. need to stop the noise. how?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. If you put some dish soap down it and run it and turn on the tap enough to get it to foam up, add soap again and a bit of water again until you get it to suds up inside so that it looks to be full of suds that should get it lubricated inside and clean the blades and remove the noise.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 3 months ago.

Unless you think that maybe something is in it like a bottle cap that is rattling around inside. If that is the case then the soap fix will not really help. Let me know if that is the case and we can surely take care of that too.