Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a kohler k4634ba and it takes two flushes to clear

Customer Question

i have a kohler k4634ba and it takes two flushes to clear out and 5 min to refill
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: about 8 to 10 months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: when the tank i refilling the water is running out into the drain and it takes 5 min to refill
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: after the first 10 month it worked fine now when i have family or friends over its bad
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation

If the tank is slow to fill then you need to replace the fill valve (see attached pic). A Fluidmaster fill valve is what you need. They are inexpensive and widely available. Once yo replace the fill valve that may solve the problem but you can also try cleaning out the siphon jet (the ~3/4" hole in the bottom of the bowl below the water line). If this hole gets clogged up it can hinder the flushing action.

Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Do you have any more questions?