Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

I have a Kohler Fairfax single lever kitchen faucet K12171.

Customer Question

I have a Kohler Fairfax single lever kitchen faucet K12171. I am trying to replace the valve. I have taken the screw out of the handle, but the handle is not coming off. Is it supposed to unscrew or do I just pull up. I don't want to damage it, but I don't see anything else holding it on there. What should I do?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.
It just pulls up and off but it may be seized up. The easiest way to get it off is with a handle puller (see attached pic). You also could try soaking it with white vinegar or a product like PB Blaster if it just won't come off

Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Do you have any more questions?