Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I'm having problems with my toilet. It just stopped filling

Customer Question

I'm having problems with my toilet. It just stopped filling and will not work. Everything else, the sinks and tub, in that bathroom works just the toilet. I replaced the fill valve and the water shut off valve still will not fill. I then took another hose and a hose clamp placing it on the 1/2 inch copper pipe ant flushed it for several minutes put it back together and it ran water for a short time them it made a thunking sound and stop again. I have taken off the water shut off valve but can not find anything in the pipe. Any ideas I am stumped. I feel like there might be something in the pipe that moves when the water pressure hits it.
Thank you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

Try putting on a new 1/4 turn shutoff valve. Then have it face down in to a pan. With the shutoff turned off turn the water back on. Then with a new flex supply on the shutoff run water from the shutoff into a bucket. If you have good flow replace the fill valve with a Fluidmaster 400a

Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

It's not uncommon to have debris work its way into the diaphragm and not allow it to fill.

Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

Have you resolved your issue?