Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

I just moved and my washer doesn't fill with water. the

Customer Question

I just moved and my washer doesn't fill with water. the light goes on and it starts but no water. the faucets seem to be turned on properly. What do I do?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The first thing you need to try is to turn the water off to the machine then disconnect the hoses at the machine. Next get a bucket and direct the hoses into the bucket and turn the water back on. If nothing comes out of the hoses then you may need a plumber to fix the valve.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not able to disconnect the hoses due to the fact that the machine is so large and I am not that strong. Is there another fix?
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry there isn't. Even if this isn't the cause the machine will still have to be moved and the hoses disconnected. Maybe you can ask someone to give you a hand before you call in a pro.