Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.

I've changed over to a new gas bottle, and the Bosch

Customer Question

I've changed over to a new gas bottle, and the Bosch controller system is flashing "11" - not getting any hot water
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  smitty1486 replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• I suspect you may have air in the line that is preventing ignition and the resulting faults.
  • May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The outside unit is a Bosch 21e

Is there another tag anywhere on it with a longer number? What product is this you are having trouble with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's a Bosch hot water system. The system outside says Bosch highflow 21e and the box inside that controls the temperature says YPRM67XBN

I will get you over to plumbing, sorry.

Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sounds like you have air in the gas line. You can either cycle the unit off then back on repeatedly until the air works itself out or you can speed up the process by disconnecting the gas line at the unit (shut the gas cock off first) then turn the gas back on until you can smell gas (a matter of seconds usually) then turn the gas back off, reconnect the line and turn the gas back on(soap test your connection). You may still have to cycle the unit a couple more times. Of course no open flames while doing this.