Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

My ne touch less toilet flushes multiple times (as many as

Customer Question

My ne touch less toilet flushes multiple times (as many as ten) on every flush. Seems worse when the tank lid is in place. It also flushes by itself once in a while.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What is the model number of your toilet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Don't know. Paperwork unavailable. Brand new Kohler hands free only model. Taller than standard.
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Do you know the model name? a picture of the toilet might help if you don't know. You can post a pic here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button.

Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Are the foam pads installed on the rim of the tank?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One is missing
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not sure if I can open iPad camera and get back here. Is there an email I can send photo to?
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Ok, it's possible that could account for it flushing while being used since they are meant to stabilize the tank cover so it doesn't move. But that doesn't explain the multiple flushes. I suspect you have a defective unit if you're sure it's actually flushing that many times. What I mean is the only other explanation for this other than a defective touchless flush unit is if the flush valve is hanging up. Try this, remove the tank cover and flush the toilet. If you see the arm on the touchless box rotate more then once then call Kohler and ask for a warranty replacement. You can reach them at 800 4KOHLER. No need for a pic for now

Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Do you have any more questions?