Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Just moved house and plumbed my washing machine in. The

Customer Question

Just moved house and plumbed my washing machine in. The waste pipe leaks when the washer is used. Why is this?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Only washed once with it since moving in as it leaked.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is not one of the waste pipes that you put inside another. It is attached to one.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

There are lots of reasons why a pipe might leak. The issue is how to fix it. To do that I'll need more info like where exactly it's leaking and what type of piping you have. A picture of the leak would help. You can post a pic here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cant send a photo as I am at work all day. The leak comes from the join where the waste pipe is connected to the pipe under the sink.
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Ok, I can't tell you how to fix this until I know just what you have for piping and the type of connection that's leaking. You can get back to me when you get home. I'll respond as soon as I can. I'm usually online until 7 pm EDT except tonight I'll only be around until ~4:30.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will be at work until 5pm. I shall have to try elsewhere.
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Ok, you can always come back here if you don't have any luck. I'll probably check in around 8 pm