Billy
Billy, Mechanical Contractor
Experience:  State Licensed Mechanical Contractor
12672042

I have a toyotomi BS-36B hot water heater. It started to

Customer Question

I have a toyotomi BS-36B hot water heater. It started to shut itself down and required me to reset it last week. It has gotten considerably worse and now will only run about 30-45 seconds and shut down. I just changed the nozzle and blew out the burned residue in the burner assembly. It was remarkably clean considering it has been working without any issues since 2000. I've checked the supply lines and changed filters from the tank and the one on the unit. It seems the more I do the shorter the run time. I cranked up the fuel pressure setting one full turn hoping it would increase the run time figuring the pump may be going. My wonder is if the electric eye might be malfunctioning, but the repair dept said they have never sold one. I'm just wondering if there is any other thoughts of things that might be common with these heaters.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Billy replied 4 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying