Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

Newer garbage disposal leaks a little, so I 't think the

Customer Question

newer garbage disposal leaks a little, so I don't think the problem is with the disposal itself, what are the other things I should check to find and fix the leak
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Start by drying off the disposal then fill the sink with water then let it out. Start at the top of disposal and run your hand around the disposal just below where it connects to the sink. If it's dry then move down to the drain connection and run your hand around that/those connection(s). If that's dry too and you have water showing below that then you need a new disposal.

Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

If it's leaking at the sink or the drain then I need to know the brand and model of the disposal or a picture.