Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

My water pressure from the city main is great, but then my

Customer Question

my water pressure from the city main is great, but then my house water lines circulate through my water softener, before being sent through the rest of the house system. The water pressure is less than 50% of that coming in from the main line. What could cause the water pressure to drop so low. Could the water softener cause this loss of pressure and what do I do to correct it?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Yes the softener could cause the pressure drop. If you bypass the softener and the pressure improves that confirms it. The softener medium will need to be removed and replaced. This usually isn't a DIY project.