Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

Our touchless toilet either won't flush when you put your

Customer Question

Hello. Our touchless toilet either won't flush when you put your hand over it and you have to lift the lid and set it back down for it to flush or it flushes by itself. We have changed the batteries and are trying the food color to see if it's the flapper. Any other suggestions?
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: thank you
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: probably
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing that we can think of right now
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sounds like you have a faulty sensor in the touchless flush mechanism. When you say it flushes by itself do you mean the fill valve turns on (water runs into the tank)? Or does the toilet actually flush (water down the drain)?