Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.

The lever handle doesn't come off my (30 year old) Moen

Customer Question

The lever handle doesn't come off my (30 year old) Moen MT620D shower valve when I remove the center screw. Suggestions as to how to get it off to replace the 1225 cartridge? Thanks
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Rocking the handle up and down and left and right should get it loose from the stem. Is it the lever handle or crystal looking handle? If it is the lever handle with the set screw you have to completely remove the set screw. It will not come off if you do not take the screw right out. Likely you will have trouble removing the stem also. Do you have the white, plastic tool that comes with the new stem? You will also want to turn the water off before continuing to get the handle off just in case the stem breaks. You will want the water off and the water drained from the system to remove any suction behind the stem before removing too.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 2 months ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?