Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I'm working a on few plumbing issues at the moment and

Customer Question

I'm working a on few plumbing issues at the moment and could use some advice on compression vs solder valves and a disposal.
I have some shut offs with crappy plastic knobs. One that seems to spin forever and actually never shuts off. And the other seemed to leak a tiny bit in the process of turning if off. These also seem to have a hose attached permanently to the valve (which is new to me). I've done compression in the past but I'm always a little uneasy and tend to prefer solder because it just seems stronger and more reliable. What are your thoughts? If I go with compression again can I pull the old one keep the ferrule in place and install the new over it?
I just pulled a key out of a disposal that was making it not run so well. Now it sounds pretty much like a 12 year old disposal. Pretty smooth for it's age. Since this one is already off, is it worth it to put in the new one I bought or just keep going with the old until it fails? What do you recommend to clean the funk smell out of these things?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  WCohn replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  WCohn replied 4 months ago.

I think because of all the questions you need answered it'll be best to answer via phone call

Expert:  WCohn replied 4 months ago.

Doesn't that sound reasonable?