Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

I replaced my whirlpool water softener last night. It was

Customer Question

I replaced my whirlpool water softener last night. It was just plug and play since it was just like the old one. I added salt, turned on the water and let it go. All was good last night and this morning. When I arrived from work tonight, the water was brown. I cannot get rid of it- flushed toilets multiple times. I set the unit to regen. Will this clear up the issue?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If your supply valve isn't on bypass then yes running the unit through a regen cycle should clear up the water.