WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
Experience:  Journeyman Plumber/Estimator
6211579

I've installed a Grohe flow valve in a new shower remodel

Customer Question

I've installed a Grohe flow valve in a new shower remodel (DIY homeowner). I find that the stem rotates too easily, allowing the weight of the trim handle to nearly fully close the flow from the valve. Is there a way to adjust the friction of the stem? Also, is there a way to adjust the angle of the stem, so that I can get a perfectly vertical mount for the trim handle?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Additional info -- Grohe valve model is 29273
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.

Is this still a new install?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a to-the-studs remodel, with all new plumbing.
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.

Well it's not uncommon to have a cartridge come through that is unable to hold the weight of some of these heavier trim kits. I'd suggest having your supplier provide you with one while it's still under warranty. As far as adjusting the handle there should be two different splined adaptors or a screw inside the handle which allows you to remove the spline adaptor and rotate it to a different position

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the answer is to call the Grohe tech support?
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.

No, although that is an option I'd suggest going back to your supplier unless you bought it online. If I was an online purchase then yes call tech support. I'd hate for you to do something that only fixed it temporarily and then once you are out of warranty fails again.

Expert:  WCohn replied 4 months ago.

Did you have any luck?