Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.

I have two separate vanities in my bathroom. Both faucets

Customer Question

I have two separate vanities in my bathroom. Both faucets only trickle water. Bathtub, toilet and shower is fine. Took off both aerators and water still just trickles from the two separate sink faucets. Could this be something major going on?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Odd that 2 separate faucets would be affected. Both hot and cold? do they each have separate shut offs?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
both hot and cold water trickles. They are two completely different sink and vanities so they have separate shut offs under each sink.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did you get my follow up response?
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Ok, The first thing I would do is either disconnect the supply tubes under the sinks and see if the flow is any better there or pull the stems out of the faucets and turn the water back on to check the flow. I'd shut the water off at the main not under the sink since loose washers in the shut offs could be restricting the flow and you don't want to deal with that just yet

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just don't understand why only the two faucets in that bathroom are affected and the tub and show and toilet is fine. Doesn't the water come in the house all the same way?
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Each fixture is on a separate branch off the main. It's possible/likely the sinks are connected to the same branch. What I mentioned above would help pin down if this is a piping or a valve/faucet problem. If the flow is still poor then the next step is to pull the stems out of the shut offs under the sinks and check the flow there. Worst case is a problem with the supply branch to the sinks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Last question - is that a big expensive job for a plumber?
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Depends on what the problem is. If your house is on a slab and the branch to the sinks is in the slab and the problem is with the supply piping then it could get expensive. Anything else, not real expensive unless you can't get parts for and/or you have to replace the faucets.

Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

I'd appreciate a favorable rating