Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.

I have a Burnham 2A electronic ignitor that won't fire up

Customer Question

hi Pearl. I have a Burnham 2A electronic ignitor that won't fire up the pilot light?? Exhaust valve is closed and re-circulator pump is circulating to re-circulator??
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 5 days
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I know what to do I can test and replace
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you mean the vent damper is closed then the burner will not fire. Assuming the boiler is not hot then you either have a faulty damper or possibly a bad limit control (where you adjust the boiler water temp). You can try jumping out the limit (connect the 2 leads together) to rule it in or out. If nothing changes when you jump out the limit then a bad damper is the likely culprit

Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Do you have more questions?