Papatrexas
Papatrexas, General Contractor
Experience:  I am license general contractor for over 30 years with 40 years experience in construction
76133288

I have Reverse Osmosis Filtration unit. WHER25. The water

Customer Question

I have Reverse Osmosis Filtration unit. WHER25.
The water keeps on backing up and ejecting out of the side port where the air gap is located.
It seems as if the reject water tube -black tube – does not have enough space within the tube for the reject water to drain properly
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Papatrexas replied 5 months ago.

Hello My name is and I will be happy to assist you if you still help with your question.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please,
What is happening with the water ejecting from the unit? Is it normal to replace or clean the tubes that come with the system? How do I clean the tubes that are part of the WHER25? Can I even order replacement tubes or purchase replacement tubes at Lowes/ Home Depot? Do I have to deal directly with Whirlpool?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The tubes I'm referring to are the 3/8" black plastic" , the blue 3/8" parker parflex plastic, and the red 1/4" parker parflex plastic tubing.

Hi the 3/8" & 1/4" plastic tubing is a standard size tubing you can get at any hardware store.

But i don't see why you need to replace the tubing there not suppose to get dirty or a need to get cleaned.

How old is the unit?

Is it new install?

Read this statement and see if it sheds some light and let me know please.

Question:

Why is it leaking water up by the faucet through the air bleeding line?

Answer:

That is the overflow because the drain line connected between the sink-top tap and the p-trap is not draining fast enough. They designed it this way. This is also the water you hear dripping all the time. The drain line works by gravity so make sure it is not kinked or looped so that the water can run downhill to the p-trap

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The WHER25 install is at least 2 years old. And the unit is at least 2 years old.Now I am completely confused. It makes sense that the bad water drainage from the sink-top tap and the p-trap is not draining fast enough. But there has to be some way to fix it. I watched one video and the technician explained that it is completely possible to have the drain line gunked up. If it is not the gunked up line, then I wouldn't know what else to do.

One thing comes to mined is that the discharge tubing has been pushed too far in and touching the wall on the other side of the ABS drain tube

Can you take a picture of your setup maybe I see something?

I assumed the waste is inserted in to drain and I dint ask if is connected thru the drain adapter if it is thru the adapter I will take the fitting apart and see if is clogged with calcium or something.

I hope this helps.

Expert:  Papatrexas replied 4 months ago.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll answer them for you.

Otherwise rate me using the stars at the top of the page.

That’s the only way I get compensated for my time.