Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

Recent development....burbling noise in my kitchen sink when

Customer Question

Recent development....burbling noise in my kitchen sink when a toilet is flushed or when the laundry washer drains. We have checked all the roof vents. It does not happen on both toilets, just the one that is farther away from the septic line. What could cause this?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

There's a pretty good chance you have a partial stoppage into your septic tank which may be (partially?) blocking the branch to a vent. The vent being open at the roof doesn't indicate otherwise. If you haven't had you tank pumped in a while I'd suggest you do that as a first step.