duane, Plumber
Experience:  Leed service tech at Beaverton plumbing

The motor on my insinkerator 333 pro has stopped working &

Customer Question

the motor on my insinkerator 333 pro has stopped working & is just making a whirring noise.
please help me
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  duane replied 3 months ago.

Hello thank you for using just answer i am Duane, i will be helping you today. when i am finished if you need futher assistance, just respond back and i will respond to you

well you say it is dripping from bottom? And have you had any other problems with unit? does it come on fast &shutt off fast as well?

Expert:  duane replied 3 months ago.

the small red square shaped button on bottom /on some models it is on the side. but if you turn off switch and re set the button then if it hums try to clear jamb..from hopper .on bottom of unit you will find in center. a hexagon port for a hex wrench /allen wrench that will spin hopper back and forth ..this will most of time clear small jambs in hopper of unit ??

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
still not working, I think I'll have to get my plumber onsite unless you have any other suggestions?
Expert:  duane replied 3 months ago.

also if motor is just spinning . you can hear it freely spinning then the bearing / drive assembly in unit is gone and will have water dripping out of bottom of unit and it is not repairable will need a new unit i have to replace it they are not a rebuild type unit i am license in 2 states plumber so unless unit is few yrs old then may still be uner warranty ..

thank you for using just answer ..please leave a great rating for that is only way to get paid for my time thank you Duane

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  duane replied 3 months ago.

ty sorry it has to be replaced but the 333 is grest model in shopping for thes the i.s.e brand is clearly best by farbut also get the good stainless steal blaeds and hopper units it will last years longer for you thanks duane

Expert:  duane replied 3 months ago.

Evolution Compact® this great model with stainless body grinder parts for longer life