Experience:  dasdasd

The drain plug stays up and doesn't close continuing to

Customer Question

The drain plug stays up and doesn't close continuing to drain
Category: Plumbing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The 24 volt drain plug is on a Breezair swamp cooler. The drain plug should close when so the unit can fill with water when on cooling mode
Expert:  HIC-Expert replied 3 months ago.
I'm not sure how my answers for a hunter ceiling fan got posted to you . I'm a roofing contrCtor as well as a general contractor. I have installed a whole lot of coolers but I've not installed one with an automatic drain plug . I will take my best shot. I'm sure we can figure it out
How is the drain volts activated? By a hand control knob or switch ?
Does the water make a contact and cause the plug to close?
I'm going to look up your cooler ok
My name is David I will find your answer
What model is it
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I finally got it to close by banging on it. I'll have to replace it on Tuesday. It probably just went bad. A couple of months ago I replaced the water inlet valve and float valve that went bad, all run on 24 volts. It's kind of a hi-tech unit. Thanks for your help

coolers sure do build up the calcium deposits and the minerals. its a good idea to replace things like the float valve and apparentlybthe electric drain plug remove all the build up you can annually. a good time to do this is when you empty it out for the winter. then its ready to go when you need it.

I believe we were complete and you sort of figured you own answer that the electric drain plug could be stuck, or need replaced . My bet is it was just stuck due to mineral build up in the water . Try setting the drain plug into CLR over night without exposing the wires to the liquid. If you want to remove the mineral build up instantly , this works anywhere you have build up, on any surface but you need to know a few warnings before you attempt doing it.