Greg Chick
Greg Chick,
Experience:  sole owner at self employed contractor 40 yrs.
94469283

I have a stone bathtub that is 4.5" thick at the drain

Customer Question

Hello,I have a stone bathtub that is 4.5" thick at the drain hole. Im having trouble finding a drain assembly that has long enough threads to go all the way through the tub. Do you know of an adapter or an extra long drain assembly that will work? OR any other ideas?Thanks,
Aaron
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  WCohn replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Great. I forgot to mention, the hole is 2 1/8" diameter.
Expert:  WCohn replied 11 months ago.

I personally have never seen anything for this kind of application.

Expert:  Greg Chick replied 11 months ago.

If you send me a picture I would be better able to answer. But having said that, what is used is acme non tapered threads and a jam nut. The jam nut would be brass and the trim inside the tub would be a 2" shower drain having a 2" PVC or ABS socket. The fabrication is one that requires some skill as this is not a standard set up. There are ways to fabricate 2" IPS from a shower pan drain fitting. Or using a section of 2" threaded PVC and a 2" jam nut on both ends and a drop in grill for cosmetic reasons and to keep out bars of soap etc. The flush valve of some toilets is a 2" acme thread use ta nut for that for jam nuts and use the spud gasket for the seal.