Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a Toro automatic sprinkler Expander (164-06-72) 1991

Customer Question

It's all programmed, date, starting time, run time, days, we followed the instructions, but it doesn't start at the hour programmed, and when i open the water manually (that's the way i control it now) it doesn't stop after 10mn i have to close the water again manually.
the first time we programmed it, the water was on, but it was not sprinkling since the hour due was not yet.
So to check if it was working, we changed the starting time, and waited but it didn't start. Somehow we got the sprinting to happen, but then we cannot stop it now.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the controller doesn't engage at the programmed start time and won't shut off when it should then you probably need a new controller. Given that it's 25 years old this is not unusual.