duane, Plumber
Experience:  Leed service tech at Beaverton plumbing

Is ok to use 3 inches pipe in sewer pipe, Ok, No, I just

Customer Question

Is ok to use 3 inches pipe in sewer pipe
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Ok
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just want to know is if it's illegal to use 3 inch pipe sewer line
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  duane replied 4 months ago.

Hello thank you for using just answer i am Duane, i will be helping you today. when i am finished if you need futher assistance, just respond back and i will respond to you

how toilets are in home or unit? the u.p.c cobe is up to 3 toilets on 3 inch if you have 4 or more you need to increase to 4 inch pipe . the fixture unit load on 3inch pipe is huge amount of household usage ok but if going to have more than that go 4 inch per code ty i am licensed plumber ty

thank you for using just answer ..please leave a great rating for that is only way to get paid for my time thank you Duane

Expert:  duane replied 4 months ago.

if a home if you have a comerciacl building needs to have all units counted to adquatly size pipe but basic home 3 toilets 3inch ty

Expert:  duane replied 4 months ago.

any other needs for plumbing ?? ty

Expert:  duane replied 4 months ago.

one main reason for making sure rite size pipe is always if you have to large of pipe the flow of material and water is not great enough to keep it cleaned out inside fare ..but this normaly is for smaller inside line 2in or 1&1/2 but if you want to use 4 in pipe you can with in code use it on main no problem just cant go to small such as 4 toilets on large home and use 3 inch pipe is no way ok ty