WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
Experience:  Journeyman Plumber/Estimator
6211579

My insinkerator has the on/off switch that's activated by

Customer Question

My insinkerator has the on/off switch that's activated by magnets in what I will call the stopper. The problem is that the stopper has become very difficult to fit into the top of the unit, making it very difficult to turn the appliance on. It almost seems that the entry to the appliance has gone out of round; but that also seems very unlikely. Is it possible that the stopper has swollen? And/or what, if anything, do you recommend.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you

Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.

I think your local guy is right. Is replace the stopper. At times the seal around it hardens and that makes it difficult to push down to engage. Those are a great safety device. Glad you've got one. Any other concerns?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I won't know if if's a satisfactory answer until I get a new stopper and try it.
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.
That's not a problem. I fully agree
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will rate you when I try your proposed remedy. I'll have to order and get the new stopper first, so it may be a while.
Expert:  WCohn replied 5 months ago.

I totally understand.