Papatrexas
Papatrexas, General Contractor
Experience:  I am license general contractor for over 30 years with 40 years experience in construction
76133288

My Franke faucet is clogged above the hand valves. How do I

Customer Question

My Franke faucet is clogged above the hand valves. How do I take off the spout
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Ok
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Frankie is a triflow. I've cleaned the screens below. When I turn the water either hot or cold the spout lifts like the blockage is above the hand valves. The blockage effects both hot and cold. The filtered water is not effected.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Papatrexas replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswers. My name is Papatrexas and I will be happy to assist you with your plumbing question.

Witch model do you have

In most cases there is a busing at the base of the spout remove that and the spout will come off.

Hope this works.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is a small ring at the base of the spout. I turned that holding the spout does not seem to do anything.