Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a Aqua-Air water system tank V60 GK9304 No A37. Over

Customer Question

I have a Aqua-Air water system tank V60 GK9304 No A37. Over the weekend I noticed a lot of air coming through the spigots. The pressueon the tank gaugen is
mismsetmtomgomoffma
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: When I tried to tip the tank, it seems like it only has air in it. I think the water is pumping up from the well. Could the tank be air bound. How do I fix it?
JA: Is there anything else the Plumber should be aware of?
Customer: The gauge is set for 40 and it holds that pressure, but it cannot be water. The stream of water seemed weeker today.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You're holding tank always should only have mostly air in it. The air in the tank helps maintain a pressure cushion so the pump doesn't short cycle. If you have a submersible pump (in the well) then the air is likely coming from the water in the line between the tank and the pump draining back into the well because the check valve in the pump has failed.