Papatrexas
Papatrexas, General Contractor
Experience:  I am license general contractor for over 30 years with 40 years experience in construction
76133288

I am wondering if there is a way to convert toilets to allow

Customer Question

I am wondering if there is a way to convert toilets to allow then fill more with water then they are pre-set.
In my case it's not an issue of making an after 1985 toilet fill to the rim like they used to but to change toilets in Europe that fill with just enough water that you can barely see it. They are all sold like that here without exception and it is bad for hygiene and frankly rather disgusting..even if good for the environment. Therefore, I am hoping there is a way to ''fix'' them so they will fill with more water..by changing valves or..?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Papatrexas replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answers. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your question.

Can I get the model of your toilet?

And are you able to adjust the float to permit more water?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not sure the models but they are all like this here. Two toilets are made by Grohne of Switzerland.
On some I can adjust the float and a little more water comes in but I can get it to stay that way. I feel like there could be someway to change some of the pieces to permanently adjust it?

I was not able to find any GROHE toilets

Can you send me a picture of inside the tank and a profile please if is the one with the tank inside the wall i am afraid their is nothing can be done but never the less send me the pictures for canformation

How is it going did you figure this out?

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by JA until you rate me using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution, thanks!