Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

I replaced the kohler shower pressure balancer and the gp

Customer Question

i replaced the kohler shower pressure balancer and the gp 500520 mixer valve, when I turn the water back on I cant shut it off. what did I miss>
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: replaced a kohler gp 71967 pressure balancer valve and the gp 500520 mixer valve. tested it and the water wont turn off. what did i miss?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Plumber should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What is the model number of the valve you are repairing? I need the valve model not the parts.

Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

If you don't know the valve model then all I can tell you is that most likely you either forgot the o-rings that go in the recess of the pressure balancing part or you used the wrong ones (assuming the new part came with several options). It's the o-rings up against the disk of the valve cap that make the valve tight. I'm assuming you replaced the parts in the same orientation they were originally