duane, Plumber
Experience:  Leed service tech at Beaverton plumbing

Rinnai Model RCE-417H Flue less gas heater, You press the

Customer Question

Rinnai Model RCE-417H Flue less gas heater, You press the start button the sparker and fan run for a short time but nothing else happens then the sparking stops and two red LEDs the flame indicator light and the second lowest room temp. indicator flash continually about every second
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  duane replied 5 months ago.

hi welcome to just answer.i am Duane i will assist you .if after my answer you need further assistance just ring me back ty.

have you tried unpluging it to reset fully these models turn off gas when over heat or dirty filter or low combustion air also so try unpluer just turn off for 5 to 10 mins then try reignite proceger once again ty

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have already disconnected the power for several minutes to no effect
Expert:  duane replied 5 months ago.

hello again sorry to hear you are having problems well we know it is not the fuse these models if fuse blows nothing works at all so ..was unit tipped over or picked up at all ? and you say you can here the igniter ? have you tryied turn off gas and try to test line make sure there is gas ? these units are pretty reliable if trying these things does notfix the problems then you may have to call a service center see if they hve any better ideas?? but to my understading they are pretty reliable units thanks for the oppertunity to help

Expert:  duane replied 4 months ago.

just following up to see if you were able to get unit fixed hopefully not to big of job. thanks for your time