Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a Delta shower faucet and the water only gets hot not

Customer Question

I have a Delta shower faucet and the water only gets hot not cold
JA: Sometimes plumbing issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Plumber I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The water on the shower in the basement only gets hot in there is no cold water coming out of it I can't get cold water to come out of
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Plumber should know?
Customer: It's a Delta faucet single lever
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Plumber about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.It sounds like you may have a bad cartridge in the valve. If you have an older valve then the valve (we call it a valve not a faucet) itself may be clogged. So the fix really depends on the model of your valve. Do you know which model you have?
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
If you don't know the model and would like to try to fix this yourself a picture of the valve/faucet might help me identify it. You can post a picture here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button.