Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor

There, I have a Baxi Luna Comfort 3. Experiencing troubles

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have a Baxi Luna Comfort 3. Experiencing troubles with hot water. The unit is capable of producing hot water, but it doesn't always. The problem seems directly related to the unit turning it's burner on (indicated by the flame symbol on the digital display). I can't seem to figure out what causes the burner to turn on - I thought it might be pressure, but can't seem to narrow it down. Is it a sensor, and if so, where would it be located?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 5 months ago.
Depending on the age of the boiler it will have a flow switch or flow sensor.Follow the cold inlet pipe into the boiler and it should be the first part it comes to past the inlet valve.Are you able to attach a photo?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sure, I have attached the photo. Is it the red knob? I just opened that all the way and water started coming out the pipe that goes to my furnace... It's still dripping :(
The flow sensor will have a couple of wires going to it, you need to drop the front cover and check higher up in the boiler